Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 4 - July 10, 2013 - Last Day in Albissola Marina

     Another beautiful morning in Albissola Marina, Italy! Today is our last day staying with our cousins - Nino & Grace. Unfortunately, I've been having a few stomach problems - either the dairy or the caffeine - not sure but after a lunch of pesto pasta and fruit salad - I felt great!
     Domenico and Angela took me and Michael on a tour up the Coastline - North. It was a beautiful day but HOT! We stopped in Savona for beverages on the way back after we walked the grounds of the only Castle in Savona.  They both live and work in Savona.  Savona reminds me of Cleveland near University Circle - I liked it.  Domenico and I went shopping for Angela's birthday cake ($21E) and a plant for Nino & Grace ($25E) and stamps for the one postcard ($2E) that I sent to my sister's family.  Michael also purchased Italian Pokemon cards!
     We drove back to la casa di Chiro' for dinner.  Paola joined us~ She gave Michael 2 gifts - Chiquita flash drive and key chain (cute).  She is so sweet and kind... We had "farinatta" - so delicious!!
We surprised Angela with her strawberry birthday cake



and gifts!! She was very happy ! Off to sleep - tomorrow we leave for Rome on a train~Angela & Domenico will drive us to the train station in Genova~

No comments:

Post a Comment