Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 3 - July 9, 2013 - Genova to visit more Italian cousins!

I slept very well - about 9 hours! Grace served me espresso with biscotti (with jelly & honey) and cereal.  I charged my phone and my kindle and took a shower to get ready for the day - Today we go to Genova to visit Nino's sister Concetta and her husband, their daughter Asunta, and two granddaughters - Francesca & Federica. I am sitting on their black leather couch watching a "cooking show" on the flat screen TV - Michael is still sleeping...
Angela works for the Presidente of Savona and they told me their are 120 political parties in Italy!! Oh my, the US looks good after hearing that...
Pranza was delicious pork (which she cooked in a pressure cooker), salad with olive oil & salt, focaccia, vino, aqua (water) & Coca Cola, watermelon for dessert.
Today I found out about the fast, kind of crazy driving in the large cities! We all piled into Nino's mini-van and we were off to Genova! Nino is a great driver but the roads and the speed make me very nervous!! I had an extremely nervous stomach when we arrived and Angela totally understood me and helped make me feel better! Thank God for the Coca Cola because it really helped settle my stomach - I drank the Coke to calm me and it worked.  The cousins were very nice and gave me a beautiful Swarovski key chain with a butterfly in it!  I have received 6 gifts so far and Michael also got a key chain from Nino and Grace!
We stayed about 1 1/2 hours and then drove much more leisurely back home. We took a few pictures of Genova on the way back and I felt much better!
Cena (dinner) was served at home by Grace - Tomato salad, prosciutto, focaccia, goat cheese, vino, aqua, peaches, and cake!
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FOOD HERE & we love her meals!! They sit and relax after every meal ( not like us Americans) I love that!
Ate dinner on the balcony and sat outside all night! I called Licia tonight.
Tomorrow we will have Pranza & Cena at home and go to Savona with Angela & Domenico~


No comments:

Post a Comment